Name is required.
Email address is required.
Invalid email address
Answer is required.
Exceeding max length of 5KB

Which plugin should i use

Michiel Vandepoel — Feb 21, 2017 10:37PM HKT

i want to use the minidsp 2x4 in my car, i have a stereo speakers in the front doors and rear doors, and a subwoofer in the trunk.

i have crossover settings on the amp (hi-pass and lowpass) for the front and rear speakers, and i have a low pass crossover setting on the subwoofer as well.

my first thought is to use the dsp as a 4channel dsp. stereo signal on the input, and full bandwith stereo signal on output 1/2, and full bandwith stereo signal on output 3/4 and use the dsp to equalize those speakers, and use the crossover on my amp and subwoofer to handle that part.

but what plugin would i need for that?

1 Community Answers

Tech support team - Feb 23, 2017 at 03:26PM HKT

miniDSP Agent

Hello Michiel,

Thanks for your interest in our products.
The first step when doing system design is to count inputs/outputs. Your system is a 2 x IN (stereo), 5 x OUT (counting the sub).
If we were you, we’d count the sub because subwoofer integration into the system will be very important. For that reason, we’d recommend that you have a look at the “CDSP 6×8”×8:. We believe that it will a better fit. Have a look at the user manual.

If you really insist on doing 2×4, then your system would be best used with the 2×4 advanced plugin.

Hoping this info helps.

rated : 0 Up Down

Post Your Public Answer